Our amazing team of regulars and part-time volunteers are committed to helping others. We take our convictions and turn them into action. Think you would be a good fit? See our form below for more information!
We a team of young and energetic team work in spreading awareness about hair donation for cancer patients. Hair-Crown is a Non-Profitable Organisation working under Shri Renguga Vidhyalayam; a profound educational institution located in Theni. We've consistently grown since then, all thanks to the helping hands of this amazing community!
We focus on making the maximum positive effort for our community.
Each year, tens of thousands of women and children experience hair loss due to medical circumstances such as chemotherapy, radiation, alopecia, and burns to name a few. When they lose their hair, they transform physically as well as emotionally, a change which affects their self-image and self-esteem.
We at Hair Crown help children/women build self confidence and provide them with hope by donating wigs. we also organize campaigns and motivational talks for people affected with various life threatening medical issues. Our members and volunteers provide the momentum that helps us affect change.
Listen to shyli praveen journey to hair donation! (headphone usage is recommended)
1. clean, shampoo and condition hair, without any styling, hairspray or additional hair products.
2. Gather hair at the nape of your neck
3. Create a ponytail with an elastic band. Make sure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If it comes out of the band. It won’t be included for the donation. A second band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to keep the hair together.
4. Ensure that the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.
5. Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band to the tips making sure it is at-least 12 inches long. Donation lesser than 12 inches will not be used, because this is too short for making a wig. If your hair is not 10 inches continue growing it out. There is no maximum length requirement.
6. Cut the hair just above the elastic band so that the elastic band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps cut hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off.
7. Place the ponytail kept intact with the elastic band, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.
8. Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded or plastic envelope and send to out address. Inbox us to know address details.
Thank you for your generous support and time . we appreciate the effort to serve the needy
I'm shyli praveen from kerala, I'm a school teacher at a private institution. I wanted to set as an example, spread the awareness about this noble cause. Hair-crown were very supportive in this whole process...
I, look forward to work with them again.
I'm dharshini muthu from malaysia, I heard about hair-crown via facebook and spoke to the team, they have a very energetic team who made the process easy even though it was overseas. I strongly recommend haircrown for your hair donation process too.
Hello I'm Narmatha from Chennai, I donated 15" of my hair to hair crown, I'm glad that my friend referred this registered organisation for donation. One of my family member has undergone chemo and I know how stressful the whole process is... I hope everyone comes forward for donating your hair.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
Shri renuga vidhyashram, Theni Main Rd, Lakshmipuram, Tamil Nadu 625605
09:00 am – 05:00 pm